(What's On Your Workdesk
Wednesday)
Every Wednesday Julie
Dunnit hosts a gathering of crafters from all over the world to share what they
are working on with a pic of our play area.
It's really fun to see all the different things people are working on
from all over the world and I must say I've meet some very interesting people
from Julie's site, Thanks Julie!!!!!!
Will here's mine for
today;
Back in April I posted how I've been organizing all my stamps HERE's the link.... Boy what a job this has been***Will I have all my clear and cling mount stamps in the Avery Pocket now and LOVE how easy it has made finding the stamps I need or forgot about. The only stamps I still had left were my Wood mount stamps and I was kind of afraid to tackle them. But I did, and it's really not been to bad. Here's the link to the gal that shows how it's done.... Thanks Jen!!!
Here's a pic of the FUN......
I've just started but can tell this is going to make a BIG difference.... I love it already. Hope to be finished in a week or so....
Now what do I do with all the Wood Blocks.......?
I LOVE to read ALL Comments, so please leave one!!!!!
Thanks for stopping by again!
Hope you Enjoyed!!
Dotty A

10 comments:
What a fun project but a lot of work I'm sure! I have several wood mounted stamps but don't have any good way to store any of my stamps. They are much neglected!
I've only got a few wood mounted stamps, and store them in Thicker stuftainers from crafters companion, is a great solution for me.
Now as to those woodblocks... ofcourse they have to be used for something. Maybe alter them? Just start out with a light sanding, then some primer, and decorate! Drill holes in them to make them marker/pencil stands.
Saw grooves in them to hold up cards - ooh that would be a great idea actually! You could even decorate them into some sort of feet and put those on a card!
Darn. Look what you did! Now I want wood blocks too just to try this out....
Debbie / Daqa #52
I've only got a few stamps but I'm still looking for a way to store them instead of mixed up in the drawer
Jan S no 55
It is good to find a system that suits you and then fly with it. I did the same many many years ago and love how mine are cataloged too. The blocks, I just chucked mine, it wasn't a hard decision to make either. LOL Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful week.
Hugs Eliza & Yoda 67
Happy WOYWW
Brilliant work Dotty and as you say I'm sure it will make a huge difference.
It's a big project so I'll wish you well. Enjoy ;D
Happy WOYWW
Neesie #62
Hi Dotty- I did this the Christmas before last, and like you am so glad I did. As for the wood blocks- turn the suitable sized ones into ink blending tools! There is a post on my blog( search DIY blending tools) about how I did them. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #23 xx
Hi Dotty, I have been meaning to do this for ages but it seems such a big job so well done to you.
Happy crafting, Angela x #44
Hi Dotty,
you sure have a lot of stamps and the new organization looks very good. I am a new member of the Rubber Dance design team. Their stamps come unmounted and after a short while I understood why. not only storage even handling is better I think.
Cheers
Gabriele 29
See what you've started we all want to so this now and think of the fun altering the block. You could use them to your hearts content
Janet @2
I've been thinking about unmounting my SU! woodblock stamps and getting some DVD boxes to store them in. But that means I'd have tons more room for tons more stamps and, gee, I have a hard time using what I have! But, still thinking about it...
Post a Comment