Saturday, April 26, 2014

Re-Organizeing my Stamps

Hi All....
Will it's been a LONG time since I posted so not sure how many are even watching my blog any more... I've been working on getting ALL my stamp sets Re-Organized and what a job this is... more than I had expected. Now that I've found SOooo many of my old stamps that I love, now I'm looking for a way to Catalog them so I KNOW what I have and can FIND them too...... Large order I know***
After seeing a few blogs Jennifer McGuireink and The Spotted Chick I found the Avery Elle pockets at Scrapbooking Warehouse for a really good price since I need so many I had to look around.   Then I went to Bed Bath and Beyond and found the container Jennifer used in her video but also found this one.  So I got one of each to see which one would work best for me in my work area... I went with the two tier sliding basket, then went back and returned the other one and got 2 more of the 2 tier ones. I know this seams like a long post but I hope it answers a lot of little questions that I'm finding answers to along this journey.....
Here's a few pics of how I've been storing my cling and clear stamps.
On the left side is a EZMount Lightweight Stamp Storage Panel and love how ALL my stamps would stick to these panels and come off to use so well... (The EZMount Panels I reused, you will see later)
On the right side is just a index sheet I  made with either the plastic that the stamp came on taped to a sheet of paper or a stamped image just so I could see what I had.  I put them in a sheet protector so the next page would have something between them... I did this with all types of stamps see below.

MFT

Papertray Ink stamps and matching Die set

Flourishes
This is the way I've been storing my stamps since 2011 here's my post from then.
And I would have still been using this if I had not stumbled across Jennifer McGuire's blog, now my whole organization world changed for many thing. 
Ok,,, next I'll show you how I place each stamp SET into a Avery Pocket.
Here's a pic of a MFT set on it's original plastic sheet so you can read the words with a paper insert (paper insert size is 7 1/4 x 5 3/8) that I have labeled with the company and stamp name if I have it, and in the Avery pocket.
Nice Ha*

and here's a pic of that set in the bottom bin.  Each bin holds 60 to 100 sets depending on if they are the red rubber cling or the thin clear sets.  Right now I just have them mix in the bins, don't have any order yet... been thinking about that????? any suggestions ?????

Now here's the new Catalog sheet I'm making of EACH stamp set.  I just ink up the stamp set while it's on the plastic and lay the paper on top and rub to get all the images...

Here's a pic of the new small book I have them in... I have it tabbed in general groups, like; Words, Fun, Birds & Bugs, Flowers, etc... but not sure if this is going to work yet. 

This is a view of the book size, it holds a half sheet of paper perfect. I took a 8 1/2 x 11 sheet and (cut it at 8 1/4 x 5 1/2) punched the holes and a perfect fit.

That's it for today... If you have ANY thoughts on how to file the stamp sets or how to catalog them please let me know.... I am open to any ideas, who knows it may triger something NEW****

I LOVE to read ALL Comments, so please leave one****
Thanks for stopping by again*
Hope you Enjoyed**
Dotty A

4 comments:

Glenda said...

Wow, you amaze me. Don't quite think I'm up for this kind of total makeover for my stamp storage...just open a drawer and toss them in seems to be what I've been doing lately!

Leslie Miller said...

A HUGE job, Dotty! I love to see anything folks are doing with their stamp rooms, and organization is very important to me. The day many years ago that I first organized my stamps was the day I really started stamping. It's so nice to be able to find everything. Good luck with it!

Julie Koerber said...

Thanks for a peek at your organization! It is so much better when you find a system that works -- I've had TONS and not all work well! Good luck Dotty! :-)

scrappymo! said...

This looks so great. I am half way through doing something similar...but got fed up with the mountain of work and stopped for a bit. Need to get back to it and finish it!
Your looks great!