Wednesday, December 7, 2011

WOYWW-131

WOYWW
 (What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday)
 Every Wednesday Julie Dunnit hosts a gathering of crafters of all kinds from everywhere to share what they are working on, by taking a pic of your play area. It's really fun to see all the different things people from all over the world are working on and I must say I've meet some very interesting people from Julie's sit. Thanks Julie!!!!


Will here's mine for today;
I had to make something for Mom to put little gifties in for our Family Get Together this weekend.... so I remembered some little Bags I had and tried to remember how I did them before....
Here they are after I glued the bows on and letting them dry a little before I take some pics........

Here are all 4 finished with bows and all....

And here the inside of one so you can see how I did that...
The bags are 3 1/2 x 2 x 6 3/4 Celebrate It Kraft #1's
I cut 2 1/5" off the top of the bags to make them shorter....
Then I used a Martha Stewart corner punch on the corners and center of the bag top.....
I used K&Company Die-Cut Cardmaking Pad for my outside paper,
I left it 9" long but made them only 3 1/4" wide, then foled it in half...
That's the front and back.. and just taped it to the back of the bag...
Then I just decoreted each one a little different
Add a Velcro thingie to close it...
That's it...

Thanks for stopping by again!
Hope you Enjoyed!!
 

12 comments:

Kay Hammock said...

These look wonderful! I just love WOYWW.... one of these days I'll join in.

Your mom is going to be tickled pink with these!!!

Di said...

Terrific bags - lovely vintage look. Love the description of a 'velcro thingy' too :)) Bet they'll be a hit at Christmas!! Di xx

Glenda said...

Lots of pretties here girl! Everything looks wonderful! Well done!

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Those bags are fab - so festive. I'm sure they'll be well received!!
hugs, LLJ #3 xx

Julia Dunnit said...

Wow Dotty, they look great - if my Mum asked me to suddenly whip up something, they'd be miles from as lovely as these!

jude said...

Dotty these look absolutely beautiful.Right up my street love the vintage feel .Im sure your receipents will adore them.Thanks for message sorry not got back until now too wrapped up in Tim Holtz 12 tags christmas...
hugs judex27

Joanne said...

Completely and utterly beautiful. Very clever.

Spyder said...

These are just fabulous,love the papers your used. Clever you!! Thanks for my snoop!Have a great crafty week,
Happy WoYwW
Lyn #31

fairy thoughts said...

love the bags, very vintage. what would we do without the odd velcro thingy!
thanks for sharing
janet'107

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, the bags are adorable! What pretty papers. You are so crafty!

Shoshi said...

What gorgeous little bags, and I love the surprise of the decorated edge when you open them! They are little treasures, no matter what they contain!! Happy belated WOYWW, Shoshi #53

Shoshi said...

Hi Dotty, thanks for your lovely comment on my blog. The funeral is next Friday so we'll be away for a few days. Do have a go with the glass bead gel medium - it's amazing stuff!