Wednesday, March 11, 2015

WOYWW & Baby Nipples

UP-DATE TO THIS POST
This did not work for me.... I would not trying it at all....  ..
 
Hi Girls,
Happy  WOYWW're.... It's been a while since I've posted but had the time and though I would catch up a bit.... Can't wait to see everyone posts!!!!
A while back I saw a post were a gal was using baby nipples on the ends of glue bottles and they would not get stopped up.... Here's that post.  You have to watch it......
Will I tried it and here are the 2 glues I used, both of the original caps were split and I had taped them to keep them from drying out;
I liked how it worked with the regular white glue, it did keep the little bit of glue in the whole till you picked it off and was able to use the glue and form a thin line of glue or use the nipple to move it around with the and when it dried it just comes right off.  
But the ZIP glue was a different story all together.... I could not get a bead to stay on the whole so the next day the whole nipple would be dried out, now the glue did come right off  no problem, I tried it 2 more times and the same think happened... so I put my split cap with the tape back on.  I then tried to wright to the gale on the video but never got an answer, guess she was tired of people like me asking questions... but I really wanted to make this work. 
I'll keep using the nipple for my regular glue thow... love how easy it is to use and clean too. 
If anyone else has tried this and knows the answer to the zip glue please let me know. 
Now off I go to check on as many as I can.... hope to see your post!

I LOVE to read ALL Comments, so please leave one!!!!!
Thanks for stopping by again!
Hope you Enjoyed!!
Dotty A

6 comments:

Glenda said...

Hi Dotty! I watched this video as well but did not try this myself. It just seemed like it might not and I am not good with this sort of thing anyway. Glad one of your glues responded well. Glenda #33

MrsC.x said...

ah shame that it didn't work :(
i had thought of trying it but couldn't find the teats small enough
Happy WOYWW!
Thanks for sharing
Mrs C.xx
http://craftroomdiary.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/woyww-march-10th-2015.html

J said...

Wish I had seen this while our Grandsons were still using teats,
I don't think I'll go out buying them although it looks like a great idea.
Jan S no 57

sandysewin said...

That looks like an interesting idea. I wouldn't have thought that you'd have good control. Glad to hear at least one of them worked for you.

Happy creating and happy woyww,

Sandy #10

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Mmmm.... interesting idea. I had seen this before so was interested to see how you had managed with it Have a great week and happy crafting, Angela x 31

Julia Dunnit said...

Hmm, I guess there was always going to be some glue it wouldn't work with! I put a knob of blue tack over the holes on my bottles now, it helps, but doesnt look as cute as the baby teats!