Friday, September 26, 2014

1st Christmas Balls card

Will here's my first card using the Christmas balls I posted on Wednesday. 
I really like how it turned out, but I must say it took me about an hour to get the idea moving in my head. 
Here a close up.... it show all the different things I used.  The main Christmas ball was stamped with Versa and then embosed with Stardust Transparent, the sparkle shows up nicely here, then I placed it into the Grace's Frame embossing folder, then I cut that out close the the frame and rounded the corners.  The next layer was made with Gold poster board I got at Hobby Lobby and cut it down into usuable pices, here I used Spellbinder die called A2 Polka Dots/S5-133. The ribbon and bow were just some I had already.  

Here's the whole front....... it's quit pretty in person, I don't think it shows thru here.


On the inside I used the left over pice of gold from the front and then used Grace's Frame again,  I tryed to edge it with gold but it did not look right so I put some black over it and will that's with I got, think I'll leve it alone next time. The verse is from a Flourishes set called Winter Berries/SS255, and No your not seeing doubble, I stamped it twice. Dont think I'll do that again either.....the first time I used Encore metallic silver and did't show I went over it with Grey Flannel.

So what do you think?

I LOVE to read ALL Comments, so please leave one!!!!!
Thanks for stopping by again!
Hope you Enjoyed!!
Dotty A

2 comments:

Glenda said...

What a pretty Christmas card! I love that pretty embossed ball on the card front and the embossing folder you chose to work with. Hope you have a good weekend!

Leslie Miller said...

Ooooh, pretty! Yes, sometimes forming the idea takes longer than making the actual card. That's how it is with me and CAS cards. This is gorgeous!