Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Christmas Wreath

The last few days I've been playing with this beautiful stamp by Flourishes called Christmas Wreath, I've had this set for several years but I never used it.  Every year I'd pull it out and try stamping it then coloring it and it always looked ucky to me, I could never make it as pretty as I wanted or seen others do with it.  But then I saw Marybeth's used a nother wreath and it just looked like something I should try with this stamp I have... so I kepted it and want to share both Marybeth's version and mine.
So here's my try at it......
I colored one with a red bow and the other green...
All I had to do is use Versa Mark and Gold embossing and then just a little coloring... it was so easy this way.   I could not believe I was trying to make it into such a big thing.

Here's a closer look.............

and I kept the inside simple too, there was a small wreath in the set so I used that and then a saying from another Flourishes set called Winter berries.
The base card I used is NEW to me card stock that a Blogger that I watch daily uses and after talking with her about it I had to get some.... Go to The Spotted Chick and at the bottom of her post on the Nov. 10th you'll see:  ENVIRONMENT Desert Storm Card Stock - 8 1/2 x 11 in 100 lb Cover Smooth 100% Recycled, order it right from there!!!
OH my Gosh is this stuff nice.... I love it!  Been looking for a nice heavey Krafty paper and this stuff is perfect, I hope you check it out.

I LOVE to read ALL Comments, so please leave one!!!!!
Thanks for stopping by again!
Hope you Enjoyed!!
Dotty A

4 comments:

The Spotted Chick said...

OMG! Dotty this is just stunning! I love the gold wreath and it works perfectly with the Kraft cardstock. I'm so glad you like the cardstock as much as I do. It's my "go to" cardstock now. Thank you for letting your readers know about it as well!

Leslie Miller said...

Your two wreaths look gorgeous, Dotty! It's amazing how much coloring time it saves by doing the embossing, and the gold is beautiful. I've done this wreath (or was it the other one?) in copper embossing on ivory, too, with no coloring and it still looked great!

Marybeth said...

Hi Dotty! Oh my goodness these are gorgeous! Your wreath cards are beautiful! I am so happy you liked my wreath card enough to give it a try.... You are very sweet to mention me a give me a shout, thank you very much!
Beautiful work here today!

Glenda said...

I'm not quite sure how I missed this but I'm here now! Sorry! I love this technique and the outcome is simply beautiful. Great Christmas card!